The Computational Biology Core provides assistance in experimental design and data processing pipelines for high-throughput datasets generated in individual projects, particularly for DNA/RNA sequencing data. CBC's assistance falls broadly into the categories outlined below.
- Experimental Design and Power Analysis
- Technology Assessment
- Software Engineering
The team of data scientists at CCV provide support for Brown researchers who would like help with statistical modeling, machine learning, and writing scientific software. The breath of methods with which we have expertise is broad—spanning anything from frequentist or Bayesian statistical inference to modern machine learning methods such as deep learning and reinforcement learning.
CCV's team of research software engineers help researchers get the most out of Brown's high-performance computing (HPC) resources. They provide a range of services, including:
- Custom software development, including parallelization of existing programs
- Debugging of programs
- Code profiling to identify bottlenecks and optimize performance
- Assistance using Oscar, Brown's research computing cluster
- Assistance accessing computational resources made available through XSEDE
If you would like more information on CCV's HPC services, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
CCV's research software engineers work with researchers to develop scientific software that is essential to conduct their research. This includes, for example, the development of tools and libraries for working with data, building workflows and infrastructure, and web application development. Our team of research software engineers also work with researchers to help take existing software and optimize it for performance and efficiency.
We have expertise in
SQL. To achieve best practices in reproducible research, we use state-of-the-art technologies like Docker, Git and GitHub, Conda, among others.
CCV's team of graphics software engineers provides a wide range of services to assist researchers at Brown with visualization projects, including:
- Expertise with graphics software and packages
- Familiarity with a wide range of cutting-edge visualization hardware
- Custom software development
- Experience implementing advanced visualization technology in labs and work environments across campus
If you would like more information on CCV's visualization services, please contact email@example.com.