We provide services with limited resources at no cost to all members affiliated with Brown. For advanced computing that requires extra resources, we charge a quarterly fee. See below the rates for FY20
High Performance Computing Cluster (Oscar)
The number and size of jobs allowed on Oscar vary with both partition and type of user account. The following partitions are available to all Oscar users:
- Batch - General Purpose Computing
- GPU - GPU Nodes
- BigMem - Large Memory Nodes
|Account Type||Partition||CPU Cores||Memory(GB)||GPU||Max Walltime* (Hours)||Cost (Billed Quarterly)|
| Exploratory * ||
|HPC Priority||Batch||208||1,500||2 Std.||96||$200|
|HPC Priority+||Batch||416||3,000||2 Std.||96||$400|
|Standard GPU Priority||GPU||16||192||4 Std.||96||$200|
|Standard GPU Priority+||GPU||16||384||8 Std.||96||$400|
|High End GPU Priority||GPU||16||256||4 high-end||96||$400|
|Large Memory Priority||Bigmem||32||2TB||-||96||$100|
|Condo Rental||Batch||512||2TB||-||No limits||$10,000 (Yearly)|
- Each account is assigned 20G Home, 512G Scratch (purged every 30 days).
- * Priority accounts and Exploratory accounts with a PI get a data directory.
- * Exploratory accounts without a PI have no data directory provided.
- Priority accounts have a higher Quality-of-Service (QOS) i.e. priority accounts will have faster job start times.
- The maximum number of cores and duration may change based on cluster utilization. For example - HPC Priority account has a Quality-of-Service (QOS) allowing up to 208 cores, 1TB memory, and a total per-job limit of 998,400 core-minutes. This allows a 208-core job to run for 80 hours, a 104-core job to run for 160 hours, or 208 1-core jobs to run for 80 hours.
- GPU Definitions:
- Std - QuadroRTX or lower
- High End - Tesla V100
|General Support||Limited code troubleshooting, training, office-hours. Limited to 1 week per year||$0|
|Advanced Support||Any staff services requiring more than 1 week’s effort per year||$85/hour|
|Project Collaboration||Percent time of a specific staff member charged directly to the grant||%FTE|
Research Data Storage
- 1TB per Brown Faculty Member - Free
- 10TB per awarded Grant at the request of the Brown PI - an active grant account number will be required to provide this allocation and the data will be migrated to archive storage at the end of the grant.
- Additional Storage Allocation - Year to Year - $100 / Terabyte / year