High-Performance Computing (Oscar)
Research computing cluster featuring more than 400 multi-core nodes, GPU nodes, and a high-performance parallel filesystem
|Large-Memory Nodes (>512 GB)||4|
|Total CPU Cores||11552|
|Total Storage (GPFS Filesystem)||3.27 PB|
|OS||RedHat EL 7.3 (Linux)|
|Job Scheduler||Slurm Workload Manager|
A large collection of software is available on Oscar, and CCV staff can help acquire and install most applications upon request.
Some Popular Software Packages Available on Oscar
Terms of Service
Access and User Accounts - User accounts are controlled via central authentication and directories on HPC are only deleted on the request of the user, PI, or departmental chair.
- Home Directories: All HPC accounts have a 20GB home directory. All home directories are backed up on a nightly basis. Requests for data restores can be made by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Scratch Disk: CCV maintains a scratch pool shared by all HPC users. This storage is intended for temporary files. It is not backed up and old files are purged regularly.
- RDATA: All HPC environments have access to RDATA GPFS disk storage. All faculty have a base allocation of 1TB without charge (across any combination of CIS/CCV storage platforms), as well as grant allocated storage and purchased storage as described at CCV Rates. RDATA storage is backed up nightly.
Nondisruptive Maintenance (may occur at any time, no notification provided) - nondisruptive work, including software changes, maintenance and testing
Monthly Scheduled Maintenance (first Tuesday of the month, 8:00 am - 12:00 noon, no notification provided) - no downtime expected, but there may be limited degradation of performance
Unscheduled Maintenance - (occurs very rarely, 4 week prior notification provided) - CCV tries to avoid whenever possible; maximum 1 day downtime
Major Upgrade Maintenance - (occurs annually, 4 week prior notification provided) - service may be brought down for 3-5 days
- During Business Hours:
- Send email to email@example.com. A ticket will get created and CCV staff will attempt to address the issue as soon as possible.
- During Non-Business Hours:
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call CIS Operations Center at (401) 863-7562. A ticket will get created and CCV staff will be contacted to address the issue.